Aluminum Welding in Mississauga
Over the years, many methods and technologies have been developed to optimize aluminum welding in Mississauga to produce different products. Nexal has innovated comprehensive solutions to facilitate and enhance a wide selection of fabrication or welding processes, including:
This high-speed manual welding process is nearly accurate and delivers high-strength welding. It is commonly used for aluminum welding in Mississauga.
GTAW or TIG Welding
This low-speed process uses non-consumable tungsten electrodes to deliver extremely accurate and high-strength welds. It is ideal for producing precision aluminum welds.
This method uses programmable tools to automate welding and produce accurate high-strength welds. It is popularly used to achieve high volumes of aluminum welding in Mississauga.
The Most Common Challenges of Aluminum Welding
Welding aluminum is different from welding steel or iron. Businesses involved in aluminum welding in Mississauga may encounter several challenges due to the unique composition of the metal. Some of these most pressing challenges include:
- Porosity: Hydrogen is soluble in liquid aluminum. So when welding aluminum, the filler material and the metal turn into liquids and absorb hydrogen. However, when the two metals begin solidifying, they cannot contain hydrogen, which leads to the formation of bubbles inside the metal, causing porosity.
- Thermal Conductivity: Due to high thermal conductivity, the colder sections of aluminum try to pull the heat away from the welding area, which makes the weld more difficult to infiltrate. So, it becomes essential to go for higher heat inputs to achieve the critical temperature for welding.
- Hot Cracking: Hydrogen in aluminum prevents cracking in the weld. However, hot cracking can occur. So, choosing a suitable filler material to accomplish the job is crucial. This is where Nexal’s aluminum welding consumables in Mississauga can help.
Choose the Right Filler Metal for Better Aluminum Welding in Mississauga
Determining only the correct welding technique cannot give you the desired results. It is critical to choose the right filler metal to optimize the process in terms of efficiency, safety, and quality. Here are eight essential properties you must consider when selecting the filler aluminum alloy:
- Colour match
- Corrosion resistance
- Elevated temperature service
- Final weld strength
- Susceptibility to cracking
- Post-weld heat treatment
- Available aluminum welding filler alloys in Mississauga
Why Choose Nexal Aluminum Welding Wire and Consumables?
Nexal Aluminum has the industry-leading experience and expertise to manufacture and supply the best-quality aluminum wire and other products that support excellent welding results. Since 1981, we have constantly been investing in research and development to improve the aluminum welding process to make it more profitable for businesses and safer for welders and the environment. Thanks to our expert engineers, technicians, and state-of-the-art facilities that help us manufacture and supply the most advanced aluminum wire for welding in Mississauga , Canada and across North America.